My New Year’s resolutions. 14 aims for living wholly in 2014:
1. Love people well and be intentional in friendship.
2. Work hard, but rest harder.
3. Write something everyday. Doesn’t matter what. Just has to be something.
4. Dialogue with my Father and listen to Him more.
5. Learn to let go and relax.
6. Continue to get to know myself better.
7. Develop patience.
8. Take care of myself, body and soul.
9. Invest myself freely in my art, whatever it happens to be.
10. Remember joy and find it in life’s blessings, both big and small.
11. Make specific goals for acting, follow them and fly with others, and most of all: just dive right in.
12. Cultivate my own character.
13. Drink more tea, read more books, bake more cookies.
14. Live missionally, wherever I am. Seek justice. Be merciful and humble.
These 14 goals are brief and somewhat vague. They may change and I’m not holding myself to the originals, if they do. I’m also not giving up on them, even if I find myself letting go. In a nutshell, I’m an imperfect person learning to be whole. Every step, every day, every year in my life is part of my journey to that wholeness. And this list is made up of things that I believe make a person whole.
2014 will not be a perfect year. It may not even be the best year yet, either. But I’m going to do everything I can to make it a year in which I stepped a little closer that wholeness I seek.
This is a new year. This is 2014 and my theme word is cultivate. Cultivate joy, hope, love. Freedom. Passion. Salvation. Forgiveness. Productivity. Rest. Healing, justice, and beauty. Everything good. Cultivate Life.
Here’s to 2014!
What are your resolutions and hopes for the new year?
PS If you haven’t done so yet, please take my short survey here and help me improve The Journey Home in the new year!